Monday, June 1, 2009

Design ideas: on a shoe string

I came across these interesting pictures on  The New York Times.com.  The article is titled; High, Low and Eccentric.  I love how this couple made bargain hunting look so chic.  By adding some faux library wallpaper, a lot of paint, eclectic furniture and art.. they have created a space on a shoestring budget that screams urban chic! 

This charcoal paint is such a great idea for the floors and the walls...I like the use of wallpaper on specific walls.. It adds interest and depth.


I love the touch of pink and yellow. I also like the eclectic combination of accessories. Look at the little pig door stop...a little much for my taste, but interesting.


Everything on the walls just pops with the paint color..great hallway gallery.


I'm not really feelin' this room...but I still like the color. The hot pink..whatever that is, looks cool.


This window seat is just perfect for relaxing with a magazine and a cup of espresso..very cool light fixture.  Lars Bolander, NY has a similar fixture that I love...

No comments:

Post a Comment