Monday, September 7, 2009

David Wiseman...ceiling art

Hi my blogger friends...I'm so happy to be back! I had a wonderful and productive weekend. I was searching for some original content in the wee hours of the night and found this wonderfully talented artist, David Wiseman. Just breathtaking...David's sculptural art interprets nature in the most unique way. From what I can see his medium may be plaster, porcelain and bronze, although I'm not absolutely sure because there isn't too much background information on him. I do know that in addition to his commissioned work, he does bronze fireplace covers, lighting, vases in crystal and porcelain, as well as some unique children's accessories. His original pieces are available through The R Gallery in NYC. I hope to one day be able to actually use him on a design project...He is just incredible artisan..Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, they are amazing...really different...I think that it is probably a very expensive look that most of us would not be able to afford though Mimi !!!! ...all the same, a fabulous talent. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! aa work of art. loved your blog and will be following it and will add you to my blogroll. Have a great day,
    Rosa from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ceiling art! I think it would be really fun to incorporate into a bedroom or a fancy living room. My favorite is the first picture! Thanks for introducing us to David Wiseman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that is amazing....how fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's just stunning! It definitely has a kind of modern art nouveau feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay thats one killer ceiling I may need a neck brace from all the gazing up!! Number two is the fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are full of talent aren't they!?x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Mimi how talented is he!! I don't know if i could go image 5 but I love the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mimi - David is so talented. I have a huge design crush of those ceilings. How beautiful that would look in a dining room, MINE!

    Thanks for sharing & so glad you had a fab weekend. Thanks for all your terrific comments on my blog. I'm am desperately trying to get caught up on all my favorites this a.m. All the best this week ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always drawn to beautiful ceilings...such talent. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  11. its really unique and loveable

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi i just wanna know how much would a ceiling like this cost if i want it in my room...

    mayank sharma india

    ReplyDelete