Wednesday, September 2, 2009

At Home with Tibi founder...Amy Smilovic

I have been looking for design inspiration for my new home office and I came across these great photos of Tibi Founder, Amy Smilovic.. in her own fabulous office. I really love the inspiration board and wall below...It shows how similiar the design process is, whether it's for fashion or interiors. Amy popped up yesterday too when I was organizing my magazine shelves. I found a very worn June 2008 issue of InStyle, featuring Amy Smilovic's Connecticut home. I'm So glad I did, because the color palette is totally what I was looking for. I actually carried around that magazine last year for a whole month trying to match my roman blinds fabric to her yellow chaise. Since she popped up twice in two days, I just had to feature her.
Amy Smilovic is the founder of the fabulous Tibi clothing line if you don't already know. Her story is pretty inspiring. She founded her company in 1997, shortly after she and her husband moved to Hong Kong. Her husband was transferred there with his job at American Express. Amy was also an employee with American Express and continuing with the company would have met reporting to him! Read more about Amy's great story on Ladies Who Launch, you'll enjoy it. BTW...My InStyle issue that features Amy Smilovic's home is in such bad shape that I had to search for better pictures. Good thing...because I found Mark Lund. These beautiful pictures of Amy's home and her family were photographed by the very talented Mark, who is an interior lifestyle photographer. Click here to check out his blog...What great finds today...Enjoy!


Photos courtesy of New York Social Diary and Lund Photo

9 comments:

  1. Hi Elise,
    Thanks so much! Your comment made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Tibi...she makes such great patterns and her clothing fits so well! I have a couple of her dresses and they are my favorites! I love how her style, patterns and colors come out in her beautiful home as well. Thanks so much for showcasing Amy Smilovic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring, Mimi and lovely to see wallpaper making a comeback. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What her phenomenal eye has carried into her home!!! Amazing. The wallpaper is making me soon--now there is some inspiration! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this range.... They had these shoes with feathers out the back ... Was so sad when they sold out in my size! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tibi is such an amazing line. The clothes are made so well & so chic to boot. I still have a few well coveted pieces from the days when our sister boutique carried her line across Maple Rd...and I got them at cost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, your house is the best. Everything that is inside your house has amazing design. Like those walls. I have never seen a wall like that in other houses. You have a one of a kind home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can i find a yellow chaise lounge chair just like that? Where did you get that, I want one..please share

    ReplyDelete