Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bleu treillage a la Miles Redd...


Isn't this the most beautiful trellis you have ever seen? The color is the perfect shade of blue...Of course, this is the gorgeous terrace of the one and only Miles Redd. He is at the top of my list of favorite designers. He's just fearless and so imaginative! As soon as I read this article in the April 2008 issue of Domino, I went out and bought this blue paint...It's just stunning! The color is Benjamin Moore 727 (Calyspo Blue). Just go out and buy a pint. I'm sure it will inspire you to paint something in this color. I reupholstered and painted two fauteuil chairs of mine. This has to be the most dreamy terrace in NYC...Hope these images inspire you...Enjoy!







6 comments:

  1. That is lovely trellis....they have that trellis at Waddesdon Manor, which is a manor house in Buckinghamshire, here in England.
    Great minds think alike !!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, and oh how I miss my Domino.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline - I need to go the England very soon..I just have too!

    Hi Dana - Ooooh...do it miss Domino too...I still can't believe it's gone. Thankfully I have every copy since its launch. Literally :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we were both thinking blue! had forgotten how lovely this terrace was -- the striped fabric and insanely beautiful trellis, the mirrored coffee table -- what a perfect place to spend the summer!

    {p.s.} noticed you are having the same problem as others with the link in your blog list -- this address may work better:

    http://feeds2.feedburner.com/ThisIsGlamorous

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miles...so chic & sassy!!! I'm happier now.

    ReplyDelete