Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Design "Yellow" into your Spring

It's the middle of April and we've been getting a lot of rain. The sun just won't come out!  So, I thought I would try to create my own sunshine... As I mentioned in a previous post, yellow is my favorite color and it also happens to be the Pantone color of the year. I thought It would be a great way to inspire you to design some "Yellow" into your Spring. 

I scouted my first LOOK LIST from VIVRE. It is the creme de la creme of online stores for exclusive luxury brands.  



The first look list pick is Andy Warhol's Interview by D.A.P. Interview magazines seven-volume retrospective explores the first decade of the publication in honor of its 35th anniversary. 996 pages.

The second look list pick is the Crayon Dog Sculpture by Herb Williams. A sculptor who ingeniously uses crayons as his medium, made of cut yellow and blue crayons, wood and two-part epoxy resin. 42" x 19" x 28". Each piece is signed by the artist on verso, dated and titled with edition numbers.

The third pick is Almidi End Table Hand-cut glass and hand-hammered iron blend global aesthetic with modern appeal. Modeled after the doorways and arches of Eastern architecture. Yellow square 18" x 19".

Love this new line of Organic Cotton Bedding from Rubie Green.  She is one of my favorite entrepreneurs and she is so inspiring to me.  She designed and launched her own line of organic fabric and now look at her...Fantastic!



Rubie Green pillows



Wow, what a great door!  
Too bad my house is blue....

This is my living room though..



Kelly Wearstler is best known for her femininity, decadance and glamour.  Her design aesthetic is bold, luxurious and unexpected. She is one of my favorite designers because she goes where most designers are afraid to go... using bold colors is her trademark and she is one of the few that uses yellow to the extreme and does it perfectly.   Buy Modern Glamour 



KWID for the Viceroy, Palm Springs


KWID - Spyros fabric for Viceroy


Kelly Wearstler for Trina Turk, Palm Springs.




Love this new line of indoor/outdoor fabric designed by


Love the simple touch of yellow accents in this room designed by


No comments:

Post a Comment