Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The best "Farm Burger" Atlanta..

 
 
I don't know if it's crazy to blog about a burger joint in Atlanta, but I loved it so much that I had to share.  I'm in Atlanta to attend a two day Design Camp and I arrived a day early to have some  "me" time. I'm walking around town looking for a place to have dinner and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a place called Farm Burger!  Of course I can't help myself because I"m thinking, "what's a farm burger"?. Which is probably the natural reaction for most who have never heard of this place .
As I enter to stand online, of course I'm looking around reading the menu boards and there it is.. the definition of farm burger.
 
 Farm burger wants you to think about your burger - what it is and where it's from.
Our burgers  are  made from 100% grassfed beef that is dry-aged and ground fresh. 
Our cows are raised on the sweet grasses of the southeast, and never fed antibiotics, hormones, or grain. 
Our menu is seasonal and sourced from local farms.
Our space is convivial and comfortable; because eating is a celebration to be shared.
Our food makes ethical eating easy.
 
Well... It sure made ME want to try one!  I grab a menu and stand on line. So you order before you're seated, which is cool.  You can build your own burger and you can order sweet teas, root bear, milkshakes, floats.. or local draft beers, even wine. I ordered a beer, which is make local, and it was fantastic! 
 
Aside from the food, of course, I'm scoping out the décor.  It's very relaxed with a vintage, rustic feel. The walls are wood planks, with exposed wood beams, industrial stools and chairs and dark, distressed concrete floors.   I love the service details.. I sat at the bar and there were stations set up with canning jars filled with silverware, and wire baskets with condiments.  The server was making a milkshake and pulled out a vintage milk bottle! Every detail is addressed.  
It was about 6:30 and the place was jam packed.  It's not you're average burger joint...it's a very cool atmosphere. I felt comfortable and it's definitely a place you could go with a group of friends, your family or alone if you prefer.  The food, the beer and décor was great and I only spent $21.00 with a tip!
I hope there's a Farm Burger coming to NY soon!
 
Enjoy..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment